Info Discography Film Videos Press News
Alexandre Bazin is a composer and a current member of GRM, based in Paris, France.
His work considers the sonic experience drawing on a rich mix of acoustic instrumentation and analog synthesis. As a experimentalist music researcher, Bazin’s compositional projects are primarily concerned with a very personal seal on a music of emotional power. Bazin also wrote with Jonathan Fitoussi for their project Two Colors. His music is published by Cézame Music Agency, Umor Rex Records and Polytechnic Youth Records.
He holds the master’s degree in electronic music and composition from Bordeaux Conservatory of Music, France. 1st Prize of Conservatory of Music and he earned his D.E.M. - Diplôme d’Études Musicales.
Bazin has also the unique opportunity to work for the GRM as radio producer on different documentaries and music radio shows :
- Documentary on France Musique « Pierre Henry, vers une musique totale » (A. Bazin) September 2017
- Documentary on France Culture « Des Mots pour l’Entendre – Bernard Parmegiani parle de son Oeuvre De Natura Sonorum » April 2017 ( A.Bazin )
- Documentary on France Culture « Bernard Baschet au temps du Traité des Objets Musicaux » February 2017 ( A.Bazin )
- Documentary on France Culture « Pierre Schaeffer au temps du Studio d’Essai 1943-1945″ Juin 2016 ( S.Bonnefoi and A.Bazin )
- Présence Électronique interviews
- L’Experimentale on France Musique, 2017 to 2018 ( F. Bonnet )
- Electromania on France Musique from 2004 to 2014 ( C.Zanesi, D.Jisse, C.Bourseiller )
- Electrain de Nuit since 2004 to 2016 ( C.Zanesi and D.Jisse )
- Des Aventures Sonores since 2004 to 2016 ( C.Zanesi and B.Letort ) producition assistant
Bazin has done many interviews with artists such as Bernard Parmegiani, Guy Reibel, Beatriz Ferreyra, Pan Sonic, Blixa Bargeld, Carstein Nicolai, Eliane Radigue, Matmos, François Bayle, Charlemagne Palestine, Charles Cohen, Christian Fennesz, … etc.